Certain lawsuits are best categorized as general business disputes or consumer litigation. Whether brought as an individual lawsuit, a class action, a mass action, or an arbitration proceeding, we regularly represent individuals, businesses, and financial institutions – both plaintiffs and defendants – in commercial disputes and consumer litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States involving the following legal claims:
- Breach of contract.
- Breach of fiduciary duty.
- Breach of warranty.
- Consumer protection.
- Conversion – theft of property or services.
- Data breach and privacy claims – theft, wrongful disclosure, or failure to protect Social Security numbers, personal and financial information, credit card numbers and/or health care records.
- Deceptive and unfair trade practices.
- Defective products.
- Oil, gas, and other minerals – underpaid royalties, breached mineral leases, property damage.
- RICO – racketeering, mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud.
- Real estate matters – trespass, property damage, easements, breach of a lease.
- Wage and hour claims – unpaid wages, failure to pay overtime.
In re The Home Depot, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation; MDL No. 2583 (D. Ga.) (suit on behalf of Firm’s financial institution clients to recover damages and expenses to replace payment cards compromised by a massive data breach).
Alexander Electric, Inc. v. Allco, LLC; No. A-0192745 (D. Ct. Jefferson County, Texas) (suit against a general contractor on behalf of a Firm’s client to secure payment of retainage and change orders in connection with constructing a fish hatchery in East Texas) (favorable settlement for Firm’s client).
In re Navistar Maxxforce Engines Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2590 (D. Ill.) (pending) (represent California trucking company in litigation over defective Navistar Maxxforce engines).
In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010 (BP Oil Spill Litigation); MDL No. 2179 (D. La.) (represented oil and gas production and service companies, farmers, and other businesses in connection with their BP oil spill claims) (favorable settlements secured for all clients).